1 cup pecan pieces
1/2 pound (or 2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
4 ounce jar sliced pimentos
2 tablespoons red hot sauce (like Franks RedHot Original Sauce)
2 tablespoons mayo
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecan pieces on a baking sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant, tossing once halfway through the cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese and pimentos with all the juice in the jar, Franks RedHot sauce, mayo, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Then, add 3/4 of the pecan pieces, reserving the rest for topping, and mix until combined.
- Place the dip in a serving bowl and top with the remaining pecan pieces and freshly chopped chives.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies and crackers for dipping. Makes 30 servings (two tablespoons per serving).