If you're looking for a simple, sweet and salty snack, you've come to the right place. These crunchy candied pecans can be prepared in under 10 minutes and make the perfect holiday treat or salad topper.
To make these easy and delicious candied pecans, you will only need six primary ingredients, with some additional options for extra flavor.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Lane pecan halves
- Pinch cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- Line a regular-sized baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla and water in a small bowl. Sprinkle in the cayenne pepper and orange zest if you'd like. Stir until mostly combined — it is fine if the sugar and salt don't completely dissolve. Place this mixture next to the stovetop, as this recipe goes quickly.
- Toast your pecans for 2-3 minutes in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent them from burning. Once a lovely nutty aroma fills the room, your pecans are ready to be candied.
- Drizzle the sugar mixture quickly into the saucepan with the pecans, constantly stirring for about 15 seconds. Once the pecans are thoroughly coated, remove them from the heat.
- Spread out the candied pecans on your lined baking sheet and set out to cool. The pecans will be sticky at first, but the coating will harden within a few hours.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for weeks at a time.