Whether you're hosting a summertime backyard barbecue or preparing dinner for your family, you need a flavorful recipe to wow your guests. This chicken and peach salsa recipe is a must-try, full of tangy and savory flavors you'll love.
Ingredients You'll Need
To get started with your chicken and peach glaze, you'll need to get the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of peach preserves
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon of dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of diced jalapeño pepper
For our delicious Lane's Peach Salsa recipe, you'll need the following:
- 2 cups of chopped peaches
- ¾ cup of chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup of sliced green onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
This easy peach salsa chicken recipe only takes around 35 minutes to prepare, making it a convenient option for busy weekdays. Ready to get started on this dish? Check it out:
Whipping up the Glaze
Before anything else, get out a large bowl when you're ready to create the glaze you'll use to coat your chicken. Before combining, chop your garlic and dice your jalapeño peppers. Combine them in a large bowl, adding the preserves, olive oil, soy sauce and dijon mustard. Stir thoroughly and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll want to set aside some of the glaze to add to the top of your chicken when it's time to eat. Use what's remaining to brush over your chicken while it cooks generously.
Making the Salsa
Our Lane's Peach Salsa is brimming with smoky, sweet and juicy flavors, making it the perfect addition to any weekday meal. Our recipe is easy-to-make and will be a home run with your family or guests. Preheat your grill and thoroughly coat each grate with oil to prevent any sticking.
Grill your peaches for 2 to 4 minutes until they are tender and start to brown. Once your peaches are cool, dice them and mix them in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix them lightly and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until the chicken is ready.
Cooking the Chicken
Cut your boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half and sparingly cover each side with olive oil, salt and pepper. Throw them on the already-heated grill, and cook them for roughly 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. When you flip, you should also baste them with your peach glaze.
You'll know they're ready when they reach an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit or when their juices run clear. Remove them from your grill and let them stand for 7 to 10 minutes. Before serving, top your chicken with a hefty amount of salsa, serve over rice and enjoy!
More Ways to Prepare Your Chicken
While grilling your chicken results in unique, bursting flavors, we know it's not for everyone. Luckily, no matter how you love preparing chicken, you can easily slide it into this recipe. Some other ways you can prepare your chicken include:
- Baked chicken: Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake your chicken for roughly 20 minutes, or until it reaches 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to flip halfway and coat them with the peach glaze.
- Slow cooker chicken: If you're on the go, throw all your ingredients into a slow cooker and let it cook for around 4 hours. When it's ready to go, you and your family will enjoy a tender chicken that will work in burritos, sandwiches, nachos, salads and over rice.
- Sauteed chicken: Grab a shallow pan and cook your chicken for 5-7 minutes on both sides. You should brush the glaze on throughout and add any leftovers to the top of the chicken when it's time to dig in.
Tips to Bring Your Peach Salsa Chicken Recipe to Life
Check out the following tips to take this easy peach salsa recipe to the next level:
- Add some spice: If you enjoy a fiery zing in your meal, consider adding a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper and red chili pepper flakes to your chicken glaze.
- Cook chicken with even thickness: Before cooking your chicken, you should slice your chicken evenly and pound until each piece is roughly the same thickness.
- Find the right pairings: You'll drastically enhance your meal with super additions — we recommend serving it over rice and enjoying it with a fresh salad, green beans or Brussels sprouts.
Source Your Peaches From Lane Southern Orchards
If you want to make this dish stand out, use our fresh Georgia peaches that we handpick right from our 5,000-acre orchard. You can stop by our Roadside Market or shop online for the best peaches around!