Can you make popsicles out of peaches? Absolutely. One of the best treats during hot and balmy days is something cold and refreshing, and it's a bonus when it's guilt-free. We've got the answer to cool you down, satisfy your thirst and provide something delicious the whole family will love.
The secret is using Lane Southern Orchards farm fresh peaches! Then, add a handful of ingredients, and that's it — the perfect peach popsicle recipe to serve as your tasty summer treat.
Ingredients for Peach Popsicles
To make eight popsicles, you only need 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 4 of Lane's peaches, ⅓ cup of agave nectar and ½ cup of almond milk.
Additional ingredients to make the treat a delicious snack include crushed pecans, shredded coconut, chia seeds or granola.
You can substitute the yogurt for any type, including dairy-free versions. You can also use maple syrup or honey instead of agave and any milk.
How to Make Peach Popsicles
Skin and slice the peaches into segments. Using a stick or regular blender, blitz the ripe peaches, agave and milk until smooth.
Pour the mix into the popsicle molds.
If you want, add one or more of the additional ingredients to the base of the popsicle molds before the mix. Add the sticks and freeze for 5-8 hours or until the popsicles are set. Demold your yummy treat, and enjoy the refreshing taste!
If you have any issues popping the popsicles out of the mold, just run warm water over the bottom. Then slide them out, add them to a parchment-lined tray and freeze them for about a half hour. Eat the treats immediately or store them frozen in a sealed container. Enjoy them within three months.
How to Make Popsicle Molds
Popsicle molds are available in various general stores, which makes creating your yummy frozen treat a cinch. If you don't have a mold, there's no need to rush and buy one. There are many alternative ways to make these peachy treats:
- Ice trays: Ice cube trays make mini-pops, but you can eat more! Fill each section with the peachy mix, then partially freeze and insert the sticks. Allow them to freeze fully.
- Paper cups: Plastic or paper cups make neat popsicles — simply add the mixture to the cups. Let them partially set in the freezer, add the sticks and leave until fully frozen. Turn the cups upside down and tap lightly until the pops slide out.
- Small muffin tins: Line a baking tin with foil cupcake wrappers. Add the peach mixture to each wrapper. Freeze and set slightly. Add the sticks and then freeze until solid. You can also leave the sticks and eat the popsicle straight from the cupcake liner.
Did You Know? Delicious Peach-Inspired Recipes
Besides popsicles, what else can you make out of peaches? There are so many incredible peach dessert recipes and savory peach dishes to try:
- Strawberry peach smoothie: Another refreshing recipe is our delicious peach smoothie. It's perfect for starting the day, drinking as a snack or enjoying a nutritious treat.
- Peach cobbler in a cup: This no-fuss cobbler is made in a mug and heated in the microwave. Spoil yourself or your loved ones any day of the week.
- Caramel peach pie: This delicious buttery crust brimming with juicy peaches and smothered in caramel is a family favorite.
- Baked chicken with peaches: Elevate your dinner and delight your family with this tasty baked chicken with farm-fresh peaches.
- Seared peach pancakes: The smoky flavor from the seared peaches combined with a breakfast favorite makes this a must-try recipe.
- Fresh peach vinaigrette: Dress your salads with one of the tastiest vinaigrettes, made from Lane's farm-fresh peaches.
- Pickled peaches: Transform peaches into sweet, sour and tangy delights. Spoon them over roasted pork, chicken or even fish.
Benefits of Eating Peaches
Peaches are sweet, juicy and nutritious, making them a great addition to a dish or delicious on their own. Benefits peaches can have include:
- Nutrient boost: Peaches contain vitamins and minerals, including manganese, copper, vitamins A, C, E and K, potassium and niacin. All of these are beneficial to your health.
- Digestive aid: Peaches are a good source of fiber, helping food move through your gut and reducing the likelihood of constipation.
- Immune system support: Due to peaches being packed with nutrients and antioxidants, they may boost your immune system and support your overall health.
Why Choose Lane Southern Orchards?
We've been supplying customers with juicy, farm-fresh, high-quality produce and excellent customer service since 1908. Our 5,000 acres of peaches are freshly harvested and provided directly from the peach state of Georgia.
Visit Our Market Today!
Lane Southern Orchards is one of the largest suppliers of peaches in the U.S. Try this recipe and some of the tastiest peaches by visiting our roadside farmers market in Fort Valley, GA. Every purchase is fresh from our farm and comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Plan a visit and taste our delicious produce, jams, salsa and oils.